As part of Berg Adventures’ ongoing commitment to helping you get the most out of your adventure travel experience, we present a series of articles on expedition training and preparation.
Health and Safety
- What You Really Need to Know about Altitude Sickness
- Five Ways to Prevent Altitude Sickness
- Five Things to Expect when You Travel to High Altitude
- Importance of Vaccines for Travellers
- Avoid the Frosty Toes
- Don’t Just Dump Your GORE-TEX into the Top Loader!
- Ten International Travel Must Haves
- Guide to Electrical Outlets around the World
- How do I buy the right backpack?
- Sleeping Bag Maintenance: Tips for Prolonging the Life of Down
- High Altitude Trekking: Proper Execution of Back-to-Backs
- Interval Training and How It Can Help You
- What Can I Do About Knee Pain When I Hike Downhill?
- Stretching After a Hike
- Dynamic Warm-up Before Carrying a Backpack
Training for Travel with Personal Trainer Terri Truman
Terri Truman is a personal trainer, adventure traveller and long-time Berg Adventures climber. She provides some helpful tips on how you can properly train for travel and to make the most of your next adventure.
- What’s In Your Wallet?
- Muscle Balance
- Rest and Recovery
- The Infamous IT Band… What It Is and Why It Hurts
- Training Program: Month Five
- Training Program: Month Four
- Training Program: Month Three
- Training Program: Month Two
- Training Program: Month One
- Periodization Training
- Body Squats
- Regulating Body Temperature
- Keeping Your Fluids Topped Up
- Calories In...Calories out
- Flexibility is the Key to Efficient Movements
- RICE is Nice!
- Quality versus Quantity
- Back in Business
- Physical Conditioning