Aconcagua Expedition Dispatches
Berg Adventures Aconcagua Expedition
January 1 – 21, 2017
As one of the famously acclaimed Seven Summits, Aconcagua also dominates as the highest mountain in both the Western Hemisphere and the Southern Hemisphere. Standing at an impressive 22,841ft/6,962m, Aconcagua has become increasingly popular as a testing ground for those interested in climbing at extremely high altitude. Cold nights, high-velocity winds and weighty packs have shown many of our Berg team members what expedition climbing is all about.
We invite you to join us on this grand adventure as we travel from wine country to mountain top.>
- Chad Brennand
- Francisco Coelho
- Colin Huffines
- Winston Chan
- Marten Persson
- Osvaldo Yupanqui
- Sergio Lopez
- Maria Torrez
Latest News and Daily Dispatches:
- January 19, 2017 – After a Successful Climb – It Is Time to Go Home
- January 17, 2017 – Team Back at Plaza de Mulas After a Successful Summit
- January 16, 2017 – Everyone Reached the Summit!
- January 15, 2017 – “Cozy” High Camp, Summit Attempt Tomorrow
- January 14, 2017 – Second Night at Camp II
- January 12, 2017 – Successful First Night at Camp I and Made Our First Climb to Camp II
- January 9, 2017 – Marten's Successful Hike and the Climbers First Trip to Camp I
- January 8, 2017 – Rest and Organization Day at Plaza de Mulas
- January 7, 2017 – Team Made it to Plaza de Mules
- January 6, 2017 – Another Amazing Day
- January 5, 2017 – The Team is on the Mountain and on their Way!
- January 4, 2017 – Beautiful Day in the Andes
- January 3, 2017 – Permits are Issued and We are in Penitentes
- January 2, 2017 – The Team is Arriving in Mendoza Argentina
If you've enjoyed following this Berg Adventures cybercast, please be sure to tune in for our next cybercast. Or better yet, contact us to let Berg Adventures help you with plans for your own great adventure!