Island Peak Expedition Dispatches
Island Peak Expedition
April 15 – May 13, 2017
The Spring Everest Expedition season is already underway and more climbing teams are on the mountain than any previous year. Chris Larsen and Mark Savoff are going to do the classic trek to Everest Base Camp along with the Berg Adventures team, Ang Temba, Jyeta and the others.
They will meet many friends along the way in the villages and monasteries of the Khumbu Region, homeland of the Sherpas. After climbing Kala Pattar and visiting Everest Base Camp, the guys will set their sights to the stunning glaciated Island Peak at 20,305ft/6190m.
Follow them on our daily dispatches of their 29 day journey.
- Chris Larsen
- Mark Savoff
- Ang Temba
Latest News and Daily Dispatches:
- April 23, 2017 – We Made it to Pangboche!
- April 22, 2017 – Leaving Namche Bazaar
- April 21, 2017 – Namche Bazaar Rest Day
- April 20, 2017 – Team has Arrived in Namche Bazaar
- April 18, 2017 – Exploring Kathmandu!
- April 17, 2017 – Namaste from Kathmandu!
If you've enjoyed following this Berg Adventures cybercast, please be sure to tune in for our next cybercast. Or better yet, contact us to let Berg Adventures help you with plans for your own great adventure!